Monday, August 29, 2011

Response 3: My Opinion on Someplace Like America

Someplace Like America is a book about a man's journey and experiences over the past 30 years in this country. He met all different kinds of people, from numerous states, all with very different lives and who faced hard times. In the book, he talks about how everyone in America calls what are country is currently going through a "recession" but to many people, it is a "depression" similar to the one in the 1930's. Some of the people he met who might consider this era a depression include the homeless, single parents, or someone who was laid off  from their job.

Reading the introduction to Someplace Like America made me realize all of the many different struggles that Americans have went through and are still continuing to go through today. It made me realize that so many people are struggling just to get by everyday, and it has made me think about all the things I do have, even things that seem simple to me a lot of people in this country don't even have, and it makes me appreciate everything so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment